The Texas Chapter will be hosting a 2 day test in December 2017
Test dates are December 2nd and 3rd
We will be accepting applications for Natural Abilities, Utility Test Prep and Utility Tests.
CHAPTER TESTING POLCIES
Texas NAVHDA has a history of conducting highly successful tests on exceptional grounds. Our tests are held at the Valley View Field Trial Association property located on the LBJ Grasslands near Decatur, Texas. The information below will help you understand the application process necessary to get your dog(s) registered for our upcoming test.
Any questions regarding the application process or notices of cancellation can be directed to:
- Greg Kadesch
SUBMITTING TEST APPLICATION(S)
Test entries are accepted on a first receipt basis. Test slots are assigned once a completed Test Application and check have been received. We do not take reservations or hold slots for tests.
TEST ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
|Test||Texas NAVHDA Chapter Member||Non Chapter Member Rate|
Fees are based on the Chapter membership status of the dog owner identified on the test application as of the date 30 days prior to the date the Test Application is submitted, not the dog handler unless they are the same.
Test Applications must be made on an Official NAVHDA Test Application available at www.navhda.org or go to our forms tab to download a copy. Make checks payable to Texas NAVHDA and mail entries to:
Greg Kadesch • PO Box 222 • Haslet, TX 76052
Your entry is not accepted until it arrives at the above address.
Please note the following:
- Only NAVHDA registered dogs are eligible to participate in a NAVHDA test.
- Only send test applications that are complete including the NAVHDA registration number for your dog. If you do not have a NAVHDA registration number, hold your application until you do. Incomplete mailed applications will not be recognized.
- Once your application and check have been received, you will be notified by e-mail and phone within 48 hours that you are entered in the test.
- If the test has been filled, you will also receive notification by email and phone within 48 hours to inform you that the test if full. If you choose not to be placed on the waiting list, your check will be returned to you immediately.
- You may only enter a dog once during a test weekend
- Running order updates will be provided to participants several weeks in advance of the test
- Any handler/owner is limited to entering/handling no more than 2 dogs on any single test day
WAITING LIST POLICY (FILLING VACANCIES)
If a slot becomes available for the test, you will be notified in the order of which applications were received. You will have two (2) days to accept or reject the test slot. If you have not accepted the slot within that time frame, the next person in line will then be notified and your check will be returned to you or you may go to the end of the waiting list. Once you commit to the test, your check will be cashed and the Cancellation Policy stated below will apply. Anyone on the waiting list that does not receive a slot for the test will have their check returned.
All cancellation notices must be made in writing and followed up with a phone call. Refund of Fees will be based on the following schedule:
|Cancellation Notice Date||Amount of Fee Non-Refundable|
|Notice Received 60 Days Prior to First Test Date||50% of Entry Fee|
|Notice Received less than 60 Days Prior to First Test Date||100% of Entry Fee|
Your test application is for a specific dog. Substitution can be made but must be approved in advance by the Test Secretary.
If there is a waiting list for the test and another applicant assumes your slot upon receipt of your cancellation notice, you will receive a 75% refund of your entry fees regardless of when your cancellation notice was provided.
You may substitute the handler for your dog at any time.